Monday, October 3, 2011

Secret Sounds

bahaha what a night was fuckin awesome, my plan to sync a ton of my songs and play that live while using loads of effects worked like a charm, my first set with no crashes + actual mixing (no more DJ Windows Media Player) and live effects, went really well, like, mad stoked about it, still! Johnny Yeah fuckin killed it with a plethora of wobbles, I did my thing (although I came to the realisation that no one wants to hear my "IDM" crap), Adam Alien Hand wrecked the place with breaks, hardcore and some classics (Limb by Limb was just hillarious), and Cormac Welfare shat all over everything with the usual old school jungle freebase overdose...

Proper lethal, and there was a great feeling of accomplishment looking at a pretty packed, mainstream techno night in the next room, where the agenda was "serious techno, hands to the sides, don't you dare have too much fun business" compared with a room of "anything goes breakcore mashup bass jungle oriented nonsense see how fast you can bounce from one wall to the other business" which was quite clearly having the fucking buzz unlike it's more "popular" counterpart (not saying it wasn't good or they weren't enjoying themselves or anything, I'm sure they had "fun") (Although it was louder which seemed unfair, but hey, the fact that we even got to a full irish breakcore night was epic.)

Caught up with so many folks from ages ago...

To fuckin top it all off, it went so well, and Jaygo made such a tidy profit, that there's gonna be another one in november, which me and Johnny will aparently be returning to for sure, and Jaygo mentioned getting Deadlybuzz, who does stuff like johnny, and if he does, I shall be appearing on the lineup as DJ YeahDeadly...

Just when you thought breakcore was dead and gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment